Finally it is time to give back. I thought for a while now on how to give back to my blog readers.
My ultimate goal was to identify persons with largest sums invested after registering using my affiliate links. I had an idea to to split the giveaway proportionally according to the investment volume. In my case this is rather difficult. I am not able to get the persons’ information form the affiliate manager nor from platforms. This is due to private data protection policies.
Previous not being possible, I decided to create a giveaway/raffle.
Why 25 EUR?
Due to legislation. The Danish law states that “lotteries by chance” with monetary prizes above 200 DKK are taxable. If I wanted to create a raffle with a bigger prize, I would need to register a company and pay the tax accordingly. Depending on how well it goes, I plan to do that, but for now I will be law obedient and stick to the limit.
The law also states that the period for creating such a raffle is one week (§2 and §22). This means I could potentially create this raffle every week.
Terms and conditions
Please read these terms before you join the raffle.
- You have an existing PayPal account or you agree to create one (it is for free)
- All active subscriptions will be taken into the raffle
- One winner of 25 EUR will be randomly picked and announced in the blog post sometime in middle of June 2019 (between 14.06.2019 and 17.06.2019)
- Winner will be contacted via email which was used for the subscription
- Payment through PayPal will be done no later than 2 working days after the raffle winner is announced and informed
- You are above 18 years old
- You are resident of one of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- If there is some suspicion of double entries, other types of fraud or suspicion of not qualifying for the raffle, author reserves right to disqualify entrants from the raffle
- In case the winner does not respond in 24h time to confirm the payment email, another winner will be chosen in the manner described above
- Author reserves rights to modify terms above in case something is found missing or misleading and alike
- Announcement of this raffle is done on 16th of May 2019
Odds of winning & RSS feed statistics
You probably noticed the number of RSS subscriptions. But this is not the number you would be in odds against.
Actual number at the time of writing is 22.
There is a difference between RSS feed and the newsletter. Not too much in the content in my case, but the way they are delivered.
The newsletter is delivered once a week on Sunday evening containing all the posts for the last week. Whereas, by using RSS feed reader you get an immediate notification on new post.
It is against the EU law to collect data about readers without their consent. RSS feed does not provide private information about requester. Therefore, if I want to give back to my readers, the easiest way is to ask you to join the newsletter by providing your email. You can always unsubscribe if you change your mind.
Good luck to all who joined already! Again, thank you all for tuning in.